Monday, October 13, 2014

Baked Honey Garlic Chicken

Well, it's been a while since I last blogged here. I originally started this as a place to post things about the best tv show ever - LOST, but I never really had much to share and now that the show has been off the air for a while, this blog has just been sitting here idle. I had another blog at Empower Network where i just wrote about random things, but I have since lost access to that blog so I decided to just use this one again.
For my first post, I decided to share a recipe I just made tonight for dinner. I found it on Pinterest and it was called Baked Honey Garlic Chicken from the website damndelicious.net I made some slight changes to the recipe below, such as doubling it since I am feeding a family of four.

The ingredients:

  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used thighs)
  • kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste (I used regular salt and pepper)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup Panko Japanese bread crumbs


For the honey garlic sauce:

  • 1/3 cup honey, or more, to taste
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Sriracha, optional (I did not use)
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 green onions, thinly slice (I did not use)
  • 2 teaspoons sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Lightly oil a 9x13 inch baking pan or coat with non-stick spray.  Cut chicken into 1 inch chunks.  Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.  Beat eggs.  Dip chicken pieces into beaten eggs, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
Add chicken to prepared baking pan. Place into oven and bake until golden brown and crisp, about 15 - 20 minutes.
In a medium sized saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, garlic, soy sauce, and Sriracha (if using).  In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water.  Stir mixture into the saucepan until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.  Stir in chicken and gently toss to combine.
 Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
I served this Baked Honey Garlic Chicken with white rice and Garlic & Olive Oil Vermicelli.  the honey garlic sauce was really tasty and it was a big hit with the whole family!  There were hardly any leftovers!

This recipe is definitely a keeper! I know the family will request it again, for sure!

If you try this recipe, please let me know how you liked it! :)


No comments: